Monday, February 23, 2009

Dad- Dublin to Dubai...

I just got back from dropping my dad off at Dublin Airport... I hate goodbyes.
This terrible lump in my throat and this sadness is not something that I want to never feel again. It shows me just how blessed I am to have so much love in my family... it hurts us so much to be far away and across oceans from each other and in some kind of backwards way I am terribly thankful for it. I am realizing that I will forever be my parents child... their baby, and I never want that to change.

I cried the whole bus ride back to the city center and then more on my way to my apartment. People stared. I didn't care. I have just said goodbye to my Daddy and I don't know when I will get to see him again. I have every right to cry. I miss him so much already. I have felt homesick before but I didn't realize just how much more it was possible to miss my family or how much I already did. Seeing my Dad has stirred some of this up in my heart and mind... It is so backward the way that works sometimes. And here I am using up all of the tissues I bought to last over the next month. I'm a messy crier. I use a lot of tissues.

I love my Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a sweet time with your dad.

avalarue said...

Sweet, sensitive Kate. I remember how very much I loved my Daddy - your great grandfather. There's something special between a girl and her Dad. Don't ever lose it, sweet Kate.