Sunday, February 15, 2009

So. I am out of commission again... I hate how I keep getting sick. This time is the worst of all... my nose, my throat, a bit of my stomach, even my eyes... and headaches too. Sorry to whine on here but I am just plain miserable... I came here to be a help and to be of service to these people here at Abbey Church. Since I continue to get sick I am anything but that. I cannot be a help to anyone when I could very well get them super sick. I hate this illness, whatever it is. I am really hoping it is a 48 hour fluey thing... I don't know. A girl can hope, right?

But see, I have a predicament. Someone close to me here says that I really should go to the doctor tomorrow... I cannot tell you how much I don't want to go to the doctor. I want to get better so badly but can't I do that without going to a doctor? If I broke my leg, sure I would go. If I suddenly went blind, sure I would go. But this? I don't think I have ever gone to a doctor for a sore throat, fever, headache, or nose... and I keep getting this stupid thought that going to a doctor in Ireland will somehow be different than going to the doctor in the States.

I suppose I am kinda scared... not about being ill but about this particular new experience... I wasn't really scared at all when I got on the plane to fly over here (but now that I have been watching Lost that might be a bit different next time) and I haven't really felt fear since I came here (besides the creepy feelings when walking up to my apartment all by myself at night)... But I am afraid of doing something so simple as going to see a medical professional. Silly I know, but that doesn't change how I feel.

1 comment:

Rah-Rah said...

Hey Just to let you know.. You should go to the DR.

When i was living in England I went. Its really not that bad. they are super nice and helpful. AND its not expensive like it is in the states.
so take heart!
--Rachel Saxon