Saturday, February 7, 2009

High Definition

I want and NEED new glasses very very soon. My current pair of spectacles are just riddled with issues...
1- they are old
2- they are covered with scratches and never look clean no matter how hard I try to clean them.
3- one of the arms is about to reach it's breaking point after three repairs that required bending the metal.
4- I am super bored with them... and that is the death blow.

I am thinking about getting another plastic pair. I broke my favorite glasses in 2007 while I was visiting a friend in Germany... they were plastic and beautiful.

I love getting a new prescription... when you put a new set of lenses in front of your eyes you realize that you have only been seeing half of everything. Colors come to life. Trees, instead of having green around the top, actually have leaves! and those big patches of green in front of houses and in parks, hundreds of thousands of individual blades of grass! candles are no longer blurry little splotches of yellow that flick back and forth, the flame holds a vast spectrum of yellows, oranges, reds, and even blue... To see the world in "High-Def". It is always an exciting thing for me.

No comments: