Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grape Nuts and Chickin Scarpariello

It seems that I may be recovering/past the worst of this illness, whatever it might have been from this weekend. I sure hope so...

But I still have this nagging homesickness that I will never get used to. In all of my time at L'Abri in Switzerland I felt, maybe, a total of 25 minutes in feeling homesick. I'm serious! And that was kinda spread out, 5 minutes here, 10 there... but the life I am living here in Dublin is so drastically different from L'Abri that I shouldn't be taken by surprise with this overwhelming longing for home. In the past few days I have been craving foods that you can only get in the US or recipes that ONLY my mom makes right. Grape Nuts and Chicken Scarpariello... yeah. There is also the FEEL of home. It's like that warm safety blanket while watching a scary movie. At the super creepy parts you get your feet off the floor and you pull your knees up close to yourself underneath the blanket. It doesn't matter what is playing, you are wrapped in your blanket, nothing can touch you. But sooner or later you are gonna have to stick your legs out again and walk up to bed. And sometimes it's going to be dark...

I wish I wasn't so gloomy right now. The sun is actually shining right through my curtians and I have the window cracked, it feels so nice outside... It may even feel like spring... but it is too soon for that. But the air feels so wonderful that I am willing to deal with the obnoxious city ruckus to have the breeze in my room.

Anyway... I am now getting super distracted by a million little things floating around in my brain as well as a million little things I have to do today...

Goodbye forever.

No comments: